That’s what Keira’s doctor said she was yesterday!

I was so nervous about going to her appointment yesterday. I knew everything was going to be alright but deep down I just thought the worst. I think that every parent does really – they just don’t say it out loud.

Granmaw went with us (Jeremy’s step mom Mary) and Keira slept in the waiting room in her car seat for a bit. She woke up about 5 minutes before they called us back. Her appointment was at 11 and we were a few minutes late. We got her in her room and they took her to weigh her and measure her. She had to have just a diaper on but we were allowed to leave her socks on.

She weighed 11 pounds 8 ounces and is 23 inches long. I fell asleep holding her the other night trying to burp her after she got up for her feeding at 2 am and when I woke up she was still sleeping away on my chest. That’s when I realized how much bigger she was. She slept that way a lot when she was little up until she was about 2 1/2 months old then I started putting her in her bassinet at night. The past week she’s been sleeping in her big girl bed (her crib) and I feel lonely.

Anyway – back to her appointment. After they weighed her and measured her it wasn’t long until the girl came to get her for her Echo. Usually they do the EKG first but they were backed up and took us for the Echo instead. It’s in a dark room (so they can see the screens I guess) and they have lights that can play on the ceiling for the babies & kids. We took her in there with her blanket and Keira was just talking away while they stuck three sticky things on her and attached the wires.

She was doing fine and she even grabbed the connector and held it for a while. She fidgeted when the tech put the gel on her – I guess it was cold. She “talked” to the girl tech and there was one girl (the one that was there the last time) that came with us every where just because she thought Keira was the most cutest thing ever. She even said that seeing Keira almost made her want to have a baby. Yeah – but her baby couldn’t be as cute as our Keira!

Moving on – it took only about 5 minutes for her to do the Echo – last time it took almost 30 minutes because Keira was crying the whole time. We went back to our room and sat there for only about 10 minutes and in came her doctor (Dr. Hays) and a resident. They both listened to Keira’s heart and looked over her Echo. Then he said – “She’s perfect! Her arteries have opened up (which no one told us they were small the first time) and the hole isn’t there anymore. I can’t see or hear a thing.” So then I asked – “Do we still have to have an EKG then?” He looked through the paper work and said “Oh – they didn’t do that yet? Well – I don’t see why we have to.”

So no EKG and we were allowed to leave! You have no idea how relieved I felt to know that she was fine or in the doctor’s words – perfect. She was worn out and slept for almost an hour which gave me and Granmaw time to eat at one of my favorite places – Southern Star downtown. It was YUMMY. Then she woke up around dessert time and she ate and then we went searching for the infamous Signal Mountain Goodwill only to find out that one has NEVER EXISTED.

All in all it was a great day – what made it even better? It was 78 degrees in the Nooga yesterday!!!! IN FEBRUARY!! I wish it would stay like that! 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s